From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 15:42:24 -0500
>I haven't made a specific count to be sure, but it seems overall that the
>sick, dying, and/or dead ferret reports outnumber the healthy ferret reports
>by two or three to one.

This is because we don't share everyday happenings, but only things that
change the status quo in our ferret households.  If I reported that all 12
of my surviving ferrets are healthy in the same breath as I announce the
passing of my grand old lady ferret Jessica, it detracts some from how much
Jessica's life and passing is going to effect me.  We tend to deal with only
one ferret or issue at a time.  I don't think there are a lot more sickly
ferrets around, so much as the FML is a place to seek advise and help.

Pam