From:
Kymberlie Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 01:42:39 -0400
Hi Everyone:

If you remember, a while back I was working on finding out information about
health insurance for ferrets.  I had found that Veterinary Pet Insurance was
the best company, but that they did not insure ferrets.  Several people,
myself included, called VPI and asked if they would insure them; we were
told by the receptionist that in the future VPI would be interested in
insuring "exotics" but they didn't yet.  I wrote up a very detailed letter
to VPI, with facts and information about ferrets, and explained that there
are quite a large number of people that would be interested in insurance,
should they extend it to ferrets.  So, here's the e-mail I got back from
VPI.  Notice how horribly the letter is written, the fact that they didn't
even mention that the writer is from VPI (it took me a minute to figure out
where this letter came from!) I am very disappointed that after all of my
efforts in creating an informative letter, this is what I recieved.  Message
from VPI is as follows:

>From: Richard <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: Insuring Ferrets
>Date: Monday, July 21, 1997 8:48 PM
>
>Dear Kymberlie Becker:
>
>Thank you for the suggestion on Ferret Insurance.  We are stricly a Health
>and Accident Insurance for cats and dogs.  We have no plans to extend our
>insurance at this time.
>
> Thank You,
> -Lance

Ah, another battle that we must prepare to fight in the future...the right
for our furballs to get the same insurance as cats and dogs do...

Kymberlie Becker
Director, Pennsylvania Ferret Rescue Association
"Forget Puppy Love...There's nothing Greater than Ferret Love!" TM
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/ferretlady