From:
James Hensley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 11:45:50 -0400
Hi Gary,

>There seems to be a rumor here in Colorado that white-faced, pink eyed
>ferrets (like Pogo) are aggressive.  Has anyone else heard that?

I've only met two ferrets in my short, relatively sheltered life with
ferrets which were aggressive.  Both of them were albinos, so I started
wondering the same thing.  On the other hand, I've also seen some very well
behaved albinos from the same breeder, so I wouldn't say that all or most
are aggressive.

>Inbreeding
>is a question raised by the vet--have others had similar experiences with
>Canadian stock?

I think all of the ferrets I've met are from a Canadian breeder in Manitoba.
Someone said it's owned or affiliated with Hagen, but I don't know where I
heard that.

I have two fuzzies from them, and one is perfect - health and
temperment-wise.  The other one is really friendly and never bites, but has
had all sorts of health problems since I got her (a strange cyst, defective
knee tendons, a stomach infection, intestinal problems) in less than 18
months.  I don't know if it's bad luck or bad breeding, but I thought I
would mention it.

Jim, Mia and Pace