From:
Denise Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2000 04:31:57 CST
************As alway's my prayers are to all the sick Fuzzies*********
***********the lost and the ones that are at the Rainbow Bridge*******

  *****THIS POST IS ON THE ISSUE OF RANDY HORTONS SHELTER/RESCUE****
  ******AND THIS IS FOR THE PERSON WHO HAD POSTED ON HIS SHELTER****

I am really hoping that you are reading my post, I am "The Ferret Mama"

This is too the person who posted on Randy Horton's Shelter.

First off, are you a shelter operator???  Do you know the time and cost
involved in caring for a shelter?  Have you slept sleepless nites caring
for a sick or dying ferret?  Do you or have you had to take money out of
your own personal checking/savings account to pay for medical because
someone was to lazy to properly care for their pet??????????

***************And then dumped them off to a shelter.*****************
*********Amajority of Shelters are non-profit and are non-kill.*******

Do you know what it is like not to have a day off, because you have these
little ones that depend on you??

If you knew or thought Randy's shelter was in a poor state of condition.
Why didn't use your time instead to volunteer,and help out???  I get sick
of people complaining about mistreatments about shelters.  Until you have
lived day to day operating a shelter, YOU HAVE NO ROOM TO TALK!  AND I SAY
THIS NOT NICELY!  And then there are the people who don't volunteer or
donate.  Or you one of these??  Where do you think the money comes from
to feed, give medical treatment & care from?????  Volunteers are hard to
find... And so is the money to Operate a shelter.  Randy has alway's been
there to help my Shelter and has volunteer out of his own time to help me.
Randy has transported ferrets to other shelters so these ferrets can have
loving homes.  He also used his own time,money and travel great distances
to relocate this little ones.  And with you not leaving your name and being
anonymously, I see where you have no right to be hasted with speaking out.
And If most of these ferrets are not placed in shelters, they would be put
down.(LIKE DEAD) So which is better???  Shelter or Death?  I don't know if
you have ferrets, or how long you have had ferrets.  But I have had ferrets
31 years and have cared for many a ferret/and small pet.  And I also know a
Great Shelter when I see it.... If you want to visit my Shelter and
blackball me also, come on..  Because I don't tolerate bull crap...

***I have never had voiced such a harsh opinion or down anyone.... I treat
everyone like I would like to be treated in returned.  But your post was
senseless and seem to be a harsh attack to Randy..  I love my Ferrets & all
Ferrets... But using names to destory, this should not be tolerated..  It
is posts like this, that make me not want to read the FML We are all here
to support one another through guidance, support and the lost of our love
ferrets.  I have grown to love and know everyone here, but it sad to know
there are the ones who have to bring hate to others..  Posts to hurt people
personally need to be band.  And again we should all remember we are all
grownups.  And this anonymous post person needs to growup a little before
speaking out again......

I will support Randy's Horton Shelter and back him to the fullest.
                   (THE FERRET GUY)

The Ferret Mama
Denise Peddington Davis:o)
The Ferret Mama's Haven Rescue/Shelter

[Moderator's note: I'm not taking sides here -- I've never met the
anonymous poster, nor have I ever been to Randy's shelter.  Part of the
reason I accepted the anonymous post was because the poster has been an FML
subscriber for a very long time and also previously has posted anonymously.
This does not make the poster's allegations true, of course, but it's not
like someone who subscribed yesterday suddenly posted a nasty note.  I've
never heard anything negative about Randy's shelter -- the post surprised
me -- but remember, I *do* know who posted and can forward messages upon
request.  BIG]