From:
Kevin Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 1996 13:51:57 +0100
To all of you who answered about vasectomizing vs. nutering the male.

Thanks all of you.  I have to tell you though (so you don't misunderstand)
that the NORMAL smell of a ferret I LOVE. (the one from the ears).

We had a rescued female that we had spayed when she came to us, but we did
not have her decented, so I know that the decenting is not necessary if the
fixing is done.  The only time that Candy musked was if something frightened
her alot. Once she felt comfortable in our home, she never did musk but once
after that.

If we do give into our lack of self control (otherwise known as ferret math)
and get another ferret, we will not be vasectomizing him, but at about 7 or
8 months we will have him fixed.

Thanks again.

                        Donna in Germany