Date:
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 11:09:06 -0500
I ferret sitted two ferrets the other weekend and my two contracted ECE.
I'm guessing what that is because they have all the symptoms.  I pulled the
FAQ about it off of the internet but I would like to talk to someone that
has experience with it.  Skippy and Bugsy have had this for 7 days.  Skippy
has insolinoma and has stopped eating so I've been having to force feed her
gruel every three hours.  I only started doing that for the last 2 days
because she was eating a little bit so I didn't think much of it.  I
rushed her to the vet on friday because I didn't realize until yesterday
(Saturday) and searching the internet what it was.  I promptly called my
vet to talk about it and his response was I don't know anything about ECE
so I had to explain it to him and all he could tell me is to let it work
itself out.  Skippy's stools are runny not seedy (I'm guessing because I'm
feeding her gruel) and going from beige to green and back again.  Bugsy has
the seedy stools and they are going from solid to runny back and forth.
He is eating though so I just make sure that he gets up to eat every few
hours.  Skippy does have mouth sores and they are both grinding their
teeth.

Bugsy hasn't lost any weight but skippy is dropping her weight fast.
Skippy is finicky anyway so this is quite a chore.

Please any comments and suggestions are welcome.

Cherri