Date:
Wed, 6 May 2009 11:14:48 -0500
The saga continues. ;-) Gerri came up with the Ferruppy classification.
Who else has a Ferruppy (a puppy that thinks she/he is a ferret)?

Serena (15 week old Lhacker) continues to do ferrety things. She
learned that she can bark yesterday so now she barks at the ferrets.
They seem a little confused by the tone she's using.

She lays on the pillow on top of one of the cages that sits in front
of a window to keep us safe from all outsiders. Sammy likes to sleep
in the pillow case and sometimes gets squished by this 9 lb ferruppy.
Yesterday Serena saved us from a most vicious Robin that was in the
flower garden and sure to fly through the double screened window if
Serena hadn't stopped her by barking a warning to her.

Serena got a gift of puppy N-bones through the mail from Gerri, though
she still prefers the ferret N-bones when I'm handing out treats. The
ferrets like the puppy N-bones so they don't go to waste. Serena has
seen the ferrets take them out of the mouth of others and she does it
now. She'll eat them all if I'm not watching.

Her mega-e seems not as bad. She still throws up and regurgitates at
times but it is less - to the relief of myself and the ferrets that
she may be laying with at the time....

The other night I saw bumping around in a travel cage with beds and
hammocks. I thought maybe a ferret had a nail caught. Nope, it was
Serena playing with Bear under the hammocks. She has not concept of
her size.

Serena is learning the names of the ferrets but Xena and Serena sound
similar to her so she gets confused as to why that ferret has her name.

She spends time out in the enclosure trying to catch ferrets as they
zoom in and out of tubes and toys. She sits on top of the slide in
waiting. Ferrets don't often look up, well unless they want something
that is up, so she often surprises them as she leaps from the top of
the slide. She's confused when Tito ferret barks at her for startling
her.

Silly silly ferruppy.

We have pictures on facepage and my page is open to the public so you
are welcome to stop by and take a look if you'd like.

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org
Kansas