From:
Victoria Hadfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1993 10:19:47 -0400
Help!

My two girls have just been diagnosed as having adrenal tumors
(in the creatinine/cortisol urine test, where a ratio of
10 is normal, Minima's is 20 and Antigone's is 29).  The Xrays
and bloodwork to see whether they are good candidates for
surgical removal of the adrenal gland may in themselves be
more than I can afford, so I'm looking for a cheaper vet.

Is there anyone out there who's been through this and has
any advice?  helpful hints?  (encouraging stories?)  These
two are like my children and I'd do anything for them, but
Antigone is about 7, and may have had this problem since I
got her a year and a half ago (funny that the vet didn't pick
up on it all the other times she saw her), and Minima's age
is unknown (the vet said she's either a one year old with a
very poor coat, or a six year old with well-cared-for teeth.
I just got her from the Humane Society in four months ago, so
I don't know.

Victoria Hadfield (also Antigone and Minima, the ferrets)