From:
Tikki Mite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 20:22:47 EST
Ok!  Here we go again.  Now things get a bit fuzzy as to the order which
this bunch came to live with us.  A friend had 2 ferrets D.J. and Montana.
They had a new baby and didn't feel they could keep the fuzzies.  Montana
was a beautiful dark sable who was a real snuggler.  He left us before we
had him 2 months.  Stress took him with ulcers.  D.J. was lost for a long
time as she was Montana's guardian.  She always protected him.  She took
over as matriarch of half of the clan.  I cannot even start to describe her
coloring for it is so soft and muted.  She is a jewel.

We now have Rowdy.  He almost 2 and a Sable.  He came to live with us when
the store he was at said he had cataracts and would let him go at 1/2 price.
He is my hiney nipper.  Don't let him in the bathroom whilst you sit.  He
will nip you behind a good one.  Other than that he doesn't.  He a great
kisser.  We then were adopted by C.D. and Spryte.  C.D. was naked when he
came to us and now he had a beautiful full sable coat.  He is almost 3.
Spryte came with C.D.  She is a very petite dark sable of about 1 1/2 yrs.
They had belonged to a gal who also had a puppy.  She went to Hawaii leaving
her animals in a friends care and never came back.  They were all flea
infested and a terrible mess, so the friend took them to our friend who owns
a pet store and she called me.  The rest is history.  C.D. loves attention
but is very aloof.  Spryte's name says it all.  She is my baby doll.

Then one day I was reading the FML about the Fredonia hubub.  tle was
looking for voluteers to takes the babies that had been rescued from a
backyard breeder.  Of course I instantly put in for an adoption and that is
how Teddy Bear came to live with us.  He is a beautiful dark sable of almost
2 yrs.  He was 8 mos when we got him.  He was scared and bit quite hard and
wouldn't let go.  He is now my little suggle bug.  He loves his hugs and
kisses and really gets into being doted on.  He is the smallest of my males
but his coat is thick and very full.  Ok, so now I get a call from my
daughter who is at the grocery store.  She has read a add about a ferret
free to good home.

Naturally I had to call and made an appointment to see this little guy.  We
then met Max.  A long dark sable with a part time mask.  Winter mask, summer
solid.  He is Mama's boy.  Follows me around and lays at my feet.  Loves the
game of tag or a good snuggle.  He is almost 3.  Again I get a call from my
friendly pet store.  Got a boy who is way too thin.  He needs a good home
and Walla!  Slinky had joined us.  He is a med silver mitt with the whippet
body.  He was so thin I wasn't sure he would live but thanks to "Duck Soup"
he is a happy bouncing boy of 3 yrs.  Last by not least is Romeo and
Juliett.  Rome is a med/light sable and Juliette is a med silver mitt.  They
belonged to a girl who went to college and Mom and Dad wanted them to have a
good home so my husband brought them home.  Romeo does have a cataract in
his right eye, is a bit shy but loves to rough house.  Juliett is a spasm.
You cannot keep her still.  She is like a feather in a whirl wind and
protects her Romeo.  Romeo is 2 and Juliett is 1.

Our very first was Max, an albino, who passed away at 18 months when his
liver and kidneys shut down.  He taught me to love ferrets, he was very
special.  Max and Montana will always be missed.  R.I.P. Little loves.

Well, there you have it, the entire McLaren (ferret) Clan.  We are also
owned by 2 dogs, 2 cats and 2 birds.  Love everyone of them.

Terry and the Energized 18