From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 1997 12:13:53 -0400
This was in Sunday's FML, but I didn't see any similar responses (and I
couldn't resist)

>From:    Bailey L Goodman <[log in to unmask]>

>As far as MF and corporations go, business is apparently a bad thing,
>regardless of how AlphaChi claims to feel; what is wrong with ferrets as
>a business?

They're SUPPOSED to be a business?  We've come up with other great names for
a grouping of ferrets, but 'business' is by far the most appropriate
(except, i think, for 'calamity').  Where you have more than one ferret, you
by default have a business.  Or a calamity.  Or both!

>I am all for holding businesses to high standards of ethical practice
>and in this case, humane treatment of their product, but business is a
>good thing.  If MF is really engaging in unethical business practice,

If MF is doing unethical things with their ferret businesses, I can only
imagine that the ferrets are actually responsible and are framing MF.
Imagine what would happen if all the ferrets at MF got loose and were to
roam free in NY?  Ye gads!  They'd drag the Statue of Liberty into the
subway tunnels and probably gnaw off her torch.  Imagine how embarrassing
that would be.  The French would NEVER make us another.  And if MF IS doing
something unethical, well, I really feel sorry for them when the ferrets
decide to exact revenge and steal and eat every eraser in the area.  No MF
employee will ever be able to do another crossword puzzle at work *ever*
*again*.  Muahahaha!

As far as ferret businesses having high ethical standards, well, you can
just judge that for yourself the next time your ferret steals your (pick
one) tampons/condoms/shoe insoles or does one more clever thing that results
in you having to keep yet another personal item on top of the only
ferret-proof piece of furniture left in your house.

Melissa, who just couldn't resist

 ___ Melissa Litwicki __ [log in to unmask] ___
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters