From:
Rebecca Katlin Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 15:48:43 EST
Hello everyone,

Well its been a long time since I've written and my lurking is getting more
and more sporadic.  But I just had to write about our little Christmas
Miracle.  Jitterbug, a very sweet adrenal sable, had gone almost completely
bald and was very delicate over this last year.  Me and my SO went away for
thanksgiving and when we returned she was COVERED with new hair.  Her
tempermant had improved and we went away for X-mas and returned she had the
longest bushiest coat I have ever seen!  Not only that, but our other
ferret Monkey (who has always been the most beautiful, soft-as-a-bunny
ferret I have ever known) suddenly looked more like a cat than a ferret
(the kind of white fluffy cat on the Fancy feast commercials, only in
sable).  She is so fluffy I hardly recognized her (and still just as soft).

Now, I have had Jitterbug for about 4 years now and she was 2 when I got
her and I never noticed any coat change that entire time (even years ago
when she was very healthy).  I used to read on the FML about other people's
ferrets and their luxurious new coats (sometimes even with new colors!) and
wonder how come mine never seemed to change.  I decided the change must be
so slight that only extreme ferret enthusiast's (sp?) would notice.  But
the change in my girls this winter would be impossible to miss.  So my
question is, how come they never changed their coats before?  I used to
live in New York where the seasonal changes are much more noticiable and
now suddenly my SECOND year in California (where it hardly gets colder at
all) they decide to grow long luxurious coats?!!!  Plus they were kept
inside almost all the time (both states).

Any answer to this mysterious situation would be much appreciated (my
e-mail is [log in to unmask]) as I can't for the life of me figure it out.
I don't read the list regularly so make sure and send it direct.

Thanks for the info,

Sincerely,
Rebecca,
Jitterbug (the Hairy)
and Monkey (the Cat) - Hey mom, I'm not a ferret anymore so don't put me
back in the cage okay?  No, really, I'm a cat now so I can stay out all
night.