Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 03:28:29 -0600
>Hagen makes a water bottle called Cascade.  the two largest sizes have
>spring loaded ball bearings, which are too stiff for ferrets to work.

Even over in New Zealand I can agree with that.  When their old water
bottle broke, I went to buy a new one.  Found one that even had a ferret
on it!  Hurray I thought.  Got it home, set it up.  Watched then try
frantically to get water out.  Thought they just weren't used to it.  Got
it out..  That spring is stiff!  Whats more, it's recommended for even
smaller animals!  There is no way anyone can expect a small animal to get
enough, if any, water out of one of those things.  But of course, a lot of
people are going to buy it, because it's got the animal of the package.

On a side note..  After extensive testing of wheatgerm oil (our equivelent
of Ferretone) on tummies, we have concluded that ferrets are really the
evolved form of rugs.  Just look at em on thier backs, limbs flat to thier
sides.  Just think, if you were a rug that had legs, head and tail, how
would you act?  *grin*

- Reet