From:
mark bethke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 07:23:20 -0800
To shed some light on the subject of daylight illumination, aquarium
stores sell fluorescent lights that have the same properties of sunlight.
These lighting systems require a ballast for converting power and the
bulbs themselves.  there is a wide range of bulbs from a marine cool
blue to plain white.

The type you would need is a sunlight bulb ay around 40 watts each.
Try to get a ballast for two or three bulbs, the amount of power these
bulbs is minimal and will benefit the fuzzies.  I have these same bulbs
on my 40 gallon tank and my plants don't complain , they grow very well .
Another benefit of these lighting systems is that they don't usually get
as hot as a regular incandescent light and have tight fitting rubber caps
to sell out moisture, this will keep the fuzzies from getting shocked .
If you need any other information on these bulbs contact me privately.
ferreter (mark)