From:
"Benita G. Booker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 15:22:55 EDT
Hello,

I somehow wonder how I find these people.  I went to the Waffle House for
take out breakfast.  A young man assisted me.  He helped me the the take
out order to my car and he notice Holla my cocktiel.  He then told me he
had 2 ferrets.  He was upset because they wouldn't mate.  I furthered the
conversation.  I said are you sure they aren't fixed.  He said no.  He got
them from someone who bred them.  He stated the ferrets were approx 8
months old.  He mentioned taking them to the vet.  I mentioned concerns
for a female if she goes into heat and is not brought out of it.  He had
no clue as to what I was talking about.  My perception of the young man
is not very high in the knowledge area.  But, he could be a perfect pet
owner.  I left not realizing that he left all the meat items out of the
order so I had to go back.  I paid more attention to his actions.  I told
him I would try to get information concerning this and take it to him.
He was very happy about that.  I am wondering if someone gave him ferrets
that were fixed but, they didn't know it.  They could have easily told him
one thing and did another.  I did not engage to much at the time.  But, I
would like to get some information to give to this young man.  No, he does
not have a computer.  Counting change is another issue.  He is open for
information concerning the ferrets and I would like to give this to him.
This way he can learn everything he needs.  I will probably stop by and
give him things here and there for his ferrets.  This way we maybe able
to develop a bond concerning ferrets.

Thank you for any information given

Benita