From:
katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 2002 05:40:59 -0400
>In my state FL, there is a law, statute 828.29 that states "All dogs &
>cats offered for sale must be at least 8 weeks old, have an official
>State  of FL Certificate of Veterinary Inspection signed by a
>veterinarian, have proper shots, (all shots) & be free of intestinal &
>external parasites."

If it doesn't specifically say "ferrets", they are not covered.  I helped
a little bit on the rabies quarantine law in Florida several years ago.
Those primarily responsible for getting it passed were Marie Wallace and
Kevin and DD Glaser.  In the end the word "ferrets" was added to the
existing quarantine law (cats, dogs, and ferrets).

If you want to do the same with the above, you will need to find a
sponsor in the House or Senate and go from there.  With term limits, I
would suspect the sponsors on the rabies quarantine bill are no longer
there.

Katharine