From:
Kelleen & The INSANE 10 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 08:00:19 -0700
Hi All,

I apologise for not knowing your name lady whose ferret has been at the vet
for 5 days now.  The one thing no ferret has ever refused around here that
is good food for sick ones is the Deliver 2.0.  I strongly suggest you get
some and give it to the vet to start giving her every 3 hours to give her
nutrition and weight gain.  I always warm this slightly before serving as
they like it best that way.  Do expect runny and frothy poopies while she is
on this alone.  After you get some into her for a couple days you might wet
and mash some of her dry food and mix with a liberal amount of the Deliver
then gradually work her back to dry food only with Deliver as occassional
treat.

I would also reccommend you get some Colloidal Silver from the Silver Wings
Company and begin treating her with it as well.  Add maybe 5% honey to the
mixture and give her 4 cc's once or twice a day.  Mine love this and it is a
most favorite yummy to them!  I have treated several ill ferrets with this
and saw true improvement quite quickly.  It cannot hurt them if you get some
that is properly manufactured and at the proper strength.  I will ONLY
reccommend Silver Wings as a good friend, Gary, has thoroughly researched
their production methods and I have used it myself.  It can be sent overnite
too and the company is great to work with.  Ask for Liz and tell her the
ferret shelter FANG/Kelleen sent ya!!  Lightstar and Rockadoodle still get
this daily and will for the rest of their lives.  I have only seen great
effects on them and not a single bad one.  You can reach Silver Wings at the
following number.  1-800-952-4787 You may need to leave a message with
return phone number so state it is an absolute emergency and your animals
life may depend on this.  You can also leave your name address etc... tell
them what you want and your credit card number and then they can ship it out
immediately.  Don't forget to tell them to ship overnite, costs more but
your fuzzys life is worth it right?  You can get a 4 oz. or 8 oz. bottle.
I only know that the 8 oz. runs about $40 or so.

I have posted this before but you and Tryntje both need this info now.  I
will post what I have before below this so you both have the complete info
on it.  Good luck and keep me updated please.

Subject:   Weight Gain Info.  Sent:        1/26/96 3:41 AM

I would just like to say to all that may ever need to get weight on a
ferret that doesn't seem to like anything offered that something mentioned
here really did the trick for me.  After Lightstar had his spleen removed I
wanted to get some much needed weight on him so I tried the Deliver 2.0
liquid food supplement mentioned here before.  He adored this yummy and got
it 2 or 3 times daily back then.  Plus all my other 8 love it too and they
all still get it once in awhile as a treat.  I did have to warm it for
about 8 sec.  in the microwave to get them to really like it at 1st and
also had to scruff them and put some on their tongues for most of them to
discover it was truly yummy.

I knew a lady with a VERY picky little fert that was ill and needed a good
nutrition source during recovery and she wouldn't try anything.  They
brought her over to meet us and I warmed up a portion of the deliver and
scruffed her and all that and she sat in my arms and drank every last drop
to the amazement of her parents.  Lightstar put on weight remarkably fast
but not so quickly as to be pure fat or anything.  Even the vet was
completely amazed when 1 1/2 months after the sugery he had gained 3/4 of a
lb.  and it was all because of the Deliver!  I see only good things in his
future.  You don't want to give so much that they get diarreah but
sometimes the poopy is a bit foamy after eating this.  I gave Lightbug
approx.  3 teaspoons per serving and he weighed about 2 lbs back then.  It
is vanilla in flavor but is tanish in color.  Kind of sweet tasting, really
quite good in taste I think myself.  For those that are not familiar with
this product or just joined the FML the info. on it is below.

Deliver 2.0
Liquid food supplement
Dense High Calorie so they don't have to eat much
Obtained from any pharmacy by special order (usually the next day!)
Made by MeadJohnson Co.
Price varies from $24 to $36 for a case of 12  8 oz. cans
Needs refrigeration after opening
Needs drank within 48 hours of opening (I freeze small servings and
defrost it as needed)

I found the best price for it at a membership type club called COSTCO from
their pharmacy.  The price varied greatly around here so check everywhere
you can.  Good idea to give as a treat maybe once a week to all ferrets
since if they ever do get ill then they will already love this stuff and you
can feed them it during that time to avoid severe weight loss.  Just like
giving the baby food as a treat this will save valuable time when they are
ill since weight loss only complicates their problem more.  Hope this helps
anyone out there.

      Kelleen & the INSANE Animal House