From:
Joy Lenay Kerin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 14:38:33 -0500
Yes, this same old subject again.  I've searched the archives with some
success but not as much as I would have liked.

I've been a devoted ferret mom since 1994.  I presently have 14 ferrets
and 1 dog (a living toy for the ferrets).  I work full time, live two
hour and a half hours from family and most friends (because of job) and
am about to become a single mom.  They only one really here for me is my
boyfriend (the dad of course) and I'm wondering about experiences from
people who had a baby and a ferret household.  One lady from the archives
kind of made fun (in a nice way) of people saying that life was going to
change drastically and that she was no longer going to be able to do it
all.  I e-mailed her to see if life changed drastically ... to see if she
could do everything she did before plus have a baby and I really hope that
she changed her e-mail address because she never wrote back ~ Not a good
sign.

My family and friends have given up on saying that I can't do it all
because they started telling me that when I only had four ferrets and I
was at twenty at one time, so 14 isn't so bad to them.  (I'm also sure
that twenty seems like a small amount to some of you.) My boyfriend has
asked me if I realized how hard it was going to be with a baby, 14 ferrets
and 2 dogs (one his, new living toy for ferrets).  My boyfriend had a
child already ... so does he know something that I don't know?  We don't
live together and I really doubt that we will ... in the near future
anyway.

Just to let you know ... the baby won't be another living toy for the
ferrets ... at least not right away.

Joy