From:
Ilena Ayala <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 1999 23:15:51 -0400
Greetings list,
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...oh wait, wrong list...

Ahem.  A long time ago I read in someone's post (I don't remember who or
even if it was this list or not), that they thought ferrets who were prone
to developing blackheads on their tail tended to develop adrenal later.
I'm a bit curious now, because of my two, one did tend to do this the past
two years and now it looks like she will need surgery.  The other one is
fine and never lost hair or developed blackheads.

What have your experiences been?  If you will please email me directly, I
can tally up the results and post a summary, so we don't clutter the list
with individual posts.  I would like to hear both if they do, and also if
ferrets with the blackhead problem lived for years and did NOT develop
adrenal.

If this is indeed the case, there's an early warning sign to look for!!

TIA,
-Ilena Ayala