From:
lisette lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 23:35:55 -0500
There are animals everywhere!  Shelters, breeders, dogs, lizards, rats,
cats, ferrets, products, cat shows and dog shows-funny charming ones.  And
ferret fun with tube races and paper bag escapes, and best costume! :-)
{just learned to do a smiley from you guys} Winner of costume was lady with
two ferts.  One had ship like Titanic on its back.  The other-named Ice-
was the ice-berg, with clear plastic cube on its head.  Fert owners are
certainly creative.

Arlington Race Tracks in Arlington Heights Ill. on Euclid Rd.- opens again
Sunday at 10 a.m. until 6 p.m.  Got vegitarian cook books, free literature
from API [Animal Protection Institutes] on stuff being talked about
[additives, preservatives, contaminants, labeling].  API ,P.O. Box 22505,
Sacramento,CA 95820 ; Ph 916 731 5521 Fx. 916 731 4467.Great checklist of
what to look for in our fert food.

Shelters had great stuff to buy.  FAIR and GCFA from Ill. there.  Almost
joined a squirrel club with over 1000 members.  Guy has video with
squirrels running up him for peanuts.Cute

Found pet cemetery and crematory around Mundelein,Ill..  Said they would
pick up dead fert if within 30 mile radius and cremate, or bring in to know
only one animal cremated at a time.  Many containers to chose from- one was
wooden box with statueof fert on it and memorial plaque.

Phone # 847 634 3787 in Ill.  Expensive though.  $179 for box with statue.

Are any of you using containers to keep with remains of your baby inside?
What did you use?

Wolfs fibrosarcoma on neck growing again.Three weeks ago the Vet had me
spend $300 on exam, blood tests, and x rays and said he planned to remove
lump on back, then remove an adrenal gland.  He said there was a good
chance of success on surgeries knowing Wolf had fibrosarcoma lump on back
removed last July.  Now that surgery is due and cancer on neck just
growing- he says over the phone without seeing perky happy Wolf -euthenize
him- when I ask to move up surgery by a week.

I really dont like greedy vets who take advantage of peple who love their
pets .I hope God has a special place for them.[I sound angry.  I guess I
am.]

Got a card from vet with his condolences on Wolfs death.: AND a letter with
where Rainbow Bridge is [can you say ironic?]

I read these to Wolf as he was wrestling with Chewy in the den.

Lisette