From:
Peter Trask <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 10:37:21 -0400
One of our ferrets (Chanel) has started to lose hair on her shoulders and
back.  It first started after her yearly shots, in the same area as the
shots.  I thought she might have been scratching at the irritated area, but
it has now been six weeks with no improvement.  We have recently noticed
also, that her body temperature seems to be high.  When we pick her up, her
body temperature is *noticeably* higher than the other ferrets.  Any
suggestions as to the cause?  We have a Vet appointment for her on Saturday,
but would like other opinions if possible.  We are unsure of her age, as she
was a rescue.  She is small (1.25 lbs.) and has the Marshall Farms tattoo on
her right ear.  Other than the previous, she appears healthy, active and
eats well.  Please email comments directly, thanks.  [log in to unmask],

Peter & Karen (The humans)
Bigfoot, Greybear & Tiger Lily (The Cats)
Bandit, Coco, Chanel, Panda Bear & Tiger Boy (The ferrets)