From:
Heather H <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Aug 1999 11:42:16 PDT
Hi!  I just read a post by Peachy about how college students shouldn't have
pets, especially ferrets.

I was offended because I'm a college student and have 3 ferrets.  I take
great care of mine.  I play with them every day, and study with them.  They
help me study and calm my nerves.  They're good typers too!

I know that one event is enough to set up a stereotype, but it's not always
correct.  There are many people who shouldn't have pets, not just students.
The person should be responsible enough to have the pet in the first place
regardless of where they are in life.  If they're not responsible enough,
they shouldn't have the pet.  There are many adults who have pets and don't
take good care of them.

I do understand that there are some college students out there that are not
responsible...BUT there are also adults out there that are not responsible.
It's not where you are in life, it's who you are as a person.

As a pre-vet student, I have a great respect for all animals.  I feel that
people should be taught how to care for animals.  They should be taught
respect and proper care.  If people are not shown how to care for their
pets, how do they know what they need?

I understand Peachy's point, and am not specifically mad at her.  I know
she is just looking out for the well being of the animal.  I just think
it's offensive to hear that all students shouldn't have pets.  hugs, dooks,
and toodles!

"ferret girl"

Come visit me and my fuzzies at:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Woods/5882/

Need a vet for exotic animals?  Come visit my work:
http://www.welcome.to/midwest

Come visit the GCFA shelter at:
http://www.gcfa.com

Support the GCFA online by clicking here:
http://www.igive.com/html/ssi.cfm?cid=2566&mid=83700

Support the raisin retreat ferret shelter online by clicking here:

Click here if you support stronger punishment for people who commit animal
abuse:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Prairie/6507/abuses.html