From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 01:38:16 -0800
I just thought some of you might want to know about my experience with 8
in 1 ferret food.

I had fed my baby Jowee the 8 in 1 ferret food for 5 years.  One day I
was putting food in his dish, and to my shock and utter disbelief I looked
into the food container and saw an infestation of tiny, black bugs so bad
that the food almost looked like the food was moving!  It was absolutly
horrible!!!  I don't know exactly what kind of bugs they were, but I've
never seen them before.  Coincidentally (or not), Jowee was becoming very
sick at the time I found the bugs and ended up having insulinoma.

I immediatly stopped feeding him the 8 in 1 food, but I was curious to
see where these bugs came from.  The container I used to store his food
was airtight so I was sure they didn't come from my house.  I grabbed the
additional 10 pound bag from the closet to inspect it.  The new unopened
bag was infested with bugs too!  But these bugs were moths and cocoons of
some sort.  ??????  I later went to Walmart, where I used to buy his food,
and inspected the 8 in 1 products on the shelves.  What I found was that
the colors of the food in each bag was different, most of the bags had
the same cocoons and dead moths in them, most seemed stale or unfresh,
and just inconsistant overall.  Needless to say, I was shocked.

I haven't taken the matter any further, but I realize that this is
something people should know.

As far as I know, the food could have been infested at the 8 in 1 factory,
at the Walmart, or anywhere inbetween.  All I can say is just be cautious
of the "cheaper" stuff as much as possible because you never know what to
expect!  I hope this prevents any futher incidences from happening.

Thanks! :-)
angela and jo