From:
Jennifer Henderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 09:20:33 -0500
In regards to the Midwest Playpens-I have had similar problems.  My fuzzies
do not pull on the ladders, however, Geech and Snickers (my two males) are
fairly large and they have fallen off the ladders when I had the pen set
up as shown in the ads.  I have rearranged the ladders and the benches in
numerous ways to prevent this.  Also, I have placed several hammocks in the
cage just in case the "falling" happens again-they'll end up in hammocks
:-).  Currently, I have the two benches fit together with the smaller
ladder on the top of these leading to a hammock.  The larger ladder is on
the floor leading up to the benches (obviously).  I have also found that if
you use a cat cozy (made out of carpeted cardboard found at Wal-Mart) on
the bottom of the cage, you can place the small ladder on top of this
leading up to the benches.  That way, the climb is not as steep as much as
if you were using the longer ladder.  Then you can place the longer ladder
anywhere and at whatever angle you deem appropriate.  They love the cat
cozy-it gives them another dark, sleepy place.  Hope this helps and now...

I HAVE A QUESTION!  I'm aware that the Ferret Store sells the conversion
kit for Midwest.  This kit consists of 2 ladders and a hammock.  Does
anyone know where I can purchase more benches????