From:
"Britta D. Williams" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 02:05:00 -0400
Hello

I have been reading FML for about a week now.  I am VERY impressed with the
list and all the love :).  So here's a problem I hope you can help me with.

About 3 years ago a wonderful female kit named Yoshi came into my life.  She
is the best little buddy a person could have.  When "the Yosh" was about
1yr., we were blessed with another friend, a 2yr. male named Silk.

Silk and Yoshi became great friends.  Silk was apparently neglected and/or
abused in his former home.  It was 6mths before he warmed up to anyone but
the Yosh.  In time, he grew to trust me and my fiance'.  We were the
happiest family.

About 6 weeks ago, Silk became very sick and died.  He stayed in the
hospital for 5 long days and nights.  The Yosh and I visited him every day.
"Dr. Joe" called me that last night and recomended we put Silk to sleep.
His liver was damaged beyond repair.  We aren't really sure what happend to
cause so much damage.  I know that his former owners feed him beer and
illegal drugs.  Quiet honestly, I'm suprised that he lived as long as he
did.  I am comforted knowing that we gave him a loving home for the time
that he was with us.

So anyway, the problem now is that Yoshi is still grieving.  She was a very
healthy, very active varmit until now.  She was never sick a day in her
life.  She has stopped playing.  She only sleeps in her box although she has
free run of the house.  Its almost like she is waiting for him to come crawl
in the box with her.  She eats only half what she used to.  Her litter box
is filled with the "seedy stool" I have heard so much about on the FML in
the past couple of weeks.

I have friends with ferrets.  Yoshi used to play with them until they moved
a couple of states away.  Now she never sees them.  I bought a new kit about
2weeks ago.  She is a 12week female named Claudia.  Claudia is progressing
quiet nicely.  Yohsi won't play with her though.  Most interaction results
in a nasty bite from Yoshi.

Any advice would be appreciated.  I'm very worried about how I'm supposed to
get her to eat.  Thanks in advance.