From:
Megan O'Shaughnessy DC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Sep 1998 13:13:41 -0700
Just had another thought; mashed raw garlic spread on a wound tends to have
an adhesive effect as it dries out.  Plus if you use FRESH raw garlic (as
opposed to the canned jars of previously chopped garlic) you can also get
some of the effect of allicin, the primary ingredient of garlic which helps
to act as an antibiotic.  (Allicin breaks down very quickly in contact with
air, however, so you want to apply it quick.) Rumor has it garlic was used
like this quite a bit back in WWI, before penicillin came along.  And the
taste might prevent the beasties from licking???  Dunno, just an idea.

Does anyone know anything about allergies to ferrets?  My sister and my
other sister's fiance are both apparently very allergic to them.  I'd never
heard about allergies to ferts before.  (In fact, somewhere, I think it was
the FAQ, I read that people tended not be be allergic to them??) Weird.

- Megan

--
Megan O'Shaughnessy DC LMT ( [log in to unmask] )