From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 12:11:26 -0400
In true Ferret Wise fashion things are never quiet!

Our adopt a thon open house was a success.  We saw new visitors, made new
friends and have a small waiting list for single ferrets for companions.
Of course we have several pairs waiting here-- keeping our special
residents company too!

In all, the preceding week and adopt a thon weekend, we pre screened many
families and were able to place 7 ferrets into what we believe are ferret
educated and qualified loving homes.  Each adoption kit for the ferrets
placed contained copies of Issue #26 Modern Ferret Magazine ( thanks Eric &
Mary) a article on geriatric care of ferrets, a sample of Marshall's Chew
toy and Marshall's food ( thanks to The Ferret Store), a copy of Judy
Bell's Ferret Care book ( donated by Ferret Wise), assorted ferret care
informational sheets, and contact information, a knit cat toy w/ bell from
NSAL, sample packets of Zupreem ferret food,and more.  We appreciate the
support of those who helped make this a great adopt a thon weekend ( May
6&7).

Hospice ferret Shadow arrived on Saturday to await his adrenal exploratory
surgery scheduled Tuesday -- we are happy to report he is convalescing and
will return to hospice mom soon!

Unfortunately we lost two of our eldest residents -- "Bob" who was foster
ferret to Linda S.  ( arrived in 96 a stray in Burlington, VT) and Strider
(shelter Mom's last MF boy) both parted ways the day before our event.
Strider had a sudden brain tumor manifest on his skull, Bob was a multiple
cancer kid).  As I type, another elder Popeye a DEW/silver MF boy who
arrived in '95 and has been fighting bi lateral adrenals for three years is
resting quietly and approaching his eternal rest.  Soon he will join those
who have left before-- but will always have a very special place in all the
shelter folks hearts.  It is never an easy loss, and so many so close
together is something shelter Mom and Dad find harder than most.

Those folks who entered the May 7th raffle to support Ferret Wise programs
helped us raise $145 to offset program services ( food, litter, vet etc).
WINNERS from May 7 RAFFLE: ( have been mailed USPS for those not in
attendance).

5 # bag Totally Ferret food     won by:      Robert Rasmussen, NH
Lixit Cage Asst                 won by:      Tracey Greene, AL
Hammock Asst #1                 won by:      Diane Burman, NJ
Hammock ASst #2                 won by:      Mary Cohen, MA
Ferret Mugs ( sailor design)    won by:      David Waites,   TN
Ferret Dancer Wall Quilt        won by:      Robert Rasmussen, NH
Grey Ferretville T-shirt        won by:      E. Faith Hood, VA
Sweatshirt                      won by:      Tracey Greene, AL
T-shirt with cookie jar design  won by:      Diane Burman, NJ
Deluxe bath set                 won by:      David Waites, TN
Hug Sack w/ Balls               won by:      Debbi Searing, NH
Toys, sack & lead/harness set   won by:      David Waites, TN
Ferret Necessary Items          won by:      Tammy Lee , GA
Kangaroo Carrier                won by:      "Nike" Tingley, NH
Ferret Note Cards sets          won by:      "Nike" Tingley, NH

Thanks to all who stopped in said hello or adopted ferrets, it was a
rewarding weekend.

Alicia
for the many faces at Ferret Wise
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html

PS- Entry information packets for Ferretstock  scheduled for September 9th
are available- please send SASE with request to:
Ferret Wise - Ferretstock, PO BOx 561, Marlborough, NH  03455-0561

* Deadline for early order on  limited "FerretStock" commemorative tee
  shirt designed by Kristin Jacques is May 20TH!!!