From:
Dean and Becky DeGeer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 22:50:49 -0400
OK, now I'm getting a little concerned.  I think someone mentioned a silver
ferret with WS complications.  I always thought silver and silver-mitt were
"normal" color variations, and that the only ones that typically carried
the Waardenburg gene were ones with an unusually large amount of white on
the head (i.e. panda, blaze, DEW).  Is a silver-mitt likely to carry the
gene?  Chitterbox has never shown any of the typical symptoms (although
he is dumb as a brick sometimes--the only ferret I've ever seen who will
actually come to the name "Cute-but-Stupid" ;) ), but if he's prone to
likely neurological problems, I'd like to be as prepared as possible.

Dooks and Blessings,

Becky (with Cinnamon, Coke, Pixie, Chitterbox, and Kodi-Bear)

"You've got to dance like nobody's watching, and love
 like it's never going to hurt."
Check out Pixie's Home Page at:
http://www.geocities.com/Petsburgh/Farm/3398