From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:58:56 -0400
Ileen wrote:
>fascinated by the blowdryer, sitting on their hinds legs and trying to

Our's love to play with the cool wind, too.

Seven year old Meeteetse is getting stiff in her hips with age so for her
we use the heated setting and let her select her own distance and positions
-- she turns and settles, then turns again and settles, easing each spot
with the heat and kissing like crazy after she's done.  Always runs more
easily afterward.  Fortunately, her response to getting stiff is to move
around more so she'd doing the right things.  She's such a sweetheart.

Sukie Home News: Latest is that experts really want Dad to do something
about his carotids so we're in a "hurry-up-and-wait" situation till his
appointment with the vascular surgeon; my sister hadn't realized that what
brain damage there is already from strokes is permanent so she's freaking
long-distance.  Evan (Steve's dad) is doing well with his triple-bypass but
is exhausted and is exhausting Steve's mom, Sue.  Steve heads out there
tomorrow.  His sister left yesterday.  Steve hopes to find an arrangement
in which a Registered Dietician can give some cooking classes to Sue and
also be hired by us to provide some of their meals, and to find someone to
help with house and yard work (G.F., MT if anyone is located there).  Fran
(my aunt with the recent strokes) is stable right now but they don't know
if they are trying quite the right approach, yet.  I get to find out early
next month if I need surgery for a breast growth.  Am trying to keep up
with my mail, but I really, really APPRECIATE it that many people are being
mum right now -- dropping me from the on-line newsletters and joke lists --
since I just do NOT have time except for the serious things right now.  I
am so behind on so many things.  I'm not snubbing people; just don't have
time and get so aggitated that I am sure I misappropriate some of what time
I do have.  We have 12 elderly relaitves and 3/4 of them have what will
probably be their final health problems, so it's going to be a haul.