From:
"Hay, Damon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:37:13 -0500
Hi All,

One of my ferrets, Oz, (albino male, approx 4 years old) is loosing his
hair.  Before this all started he had rat tail, I washed him in the
correct shampoo and it is growing out very nicely.  The problem is he has
lost hair on his hind legs (more on one side than the other) and it is
thinning out on his back.

This happened before about two years ago, but it was just normal loosing
of his winter coat and it all grew back in.  It just seems like he has
lost more than usual this time, and I know adrenal needs to be kept an
eye on.

I've been lucky up till now, and we've not had any adrenal problems.  My
vet here in Corpus Christi says we can wait a little while then do blood
tests (he said 3-4 weeks waiting to see would be ok) to confirm if it is
adrenal.

I'd like comments/advice from people that have been thru this, we have
only about 2 or 3 ferret vets in Corpus and are limited to good care.

If possible, please email me your thoughts as sometimes I cannot
completely read the FML

Thanks all!

-Damon