From:
Jodi Finuf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 10:09:29 -0600
I am interested in feeding a raw diet.  Do you buy the ground turkey and
chicken.  You said you feed all they will eat.  How many times a day is
it offered.  I give my six cooked chicken when they want it.  My kids are
free roam and I would be concerned about them hiding a piece of raw meat
somewhere and going back later to eat it.

You also said you feed raw beef.  Is this in hamberger form or cut up
steak etc?  I think rabbit would be great because it is high in protien.

Do you also give them ferretvite for the taurine and other nutrients they
need or is this neccesary.  Do you free feed them any kibble at all?
My local pet store tells new ferret owners not to give them any form
of meat or they will become aggresive.  I've tried to convince him that
the chicken is good for them but he is firmly against it.  This is the
same guy I overheard telling someone a ferret can live in a ten gallon
aquarium and just eat cat food.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give me.

Jodi and the brat pack