Date:
Tue, 8 May 2007 00:27:53 -0400
Hello all.

I adopted a ferret last week and have noticed a slightly green tinge
to his urine.

The only reference I can find to that online is heartworm. He has no
other symptoms of that, but I have not have brought him to a vet yet.
He had a check and rabies shot before I adopted him.

Has anyone heard of green urine in a ferret before? Anyone had a ferret
with green urine?

It's a slight green tinge to it, not bright green. It's not visible
when he goes in the litterbox, but it's slightly noticeable if you are
looking for the tinge on the puppy pad, and more noticeable when he has
an accident on the floor and it hasn't soaked in.

If it is a sign of heartworm I know that I need him tested immediately.
Is is contagious to his ferret buddies if it is heartworm?

Thanks for any help!
Risa