From:
Kimberly Platz and Toby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 23:32:17 -0400
Hi there!  I haven't posted in a long while but have been reading
faithfully.  I have what might be a dumb question.  Tobias is now just over
two years of age and he is a MF sable.  In the past three months, we have
moved twice and Toby is just now getting adjusted to having a LOT more
freedom to roam than he used to have.  He seems to sleep a lot more but I
think that's just because he is out of his cage 90% of the day instead of
20%.  Anyway, he has really mellowed and allows me to cuddle with him more.
It is this cuddling that has led me to the discovery that his top canine
teeth are REALLY long.  Now, maybe I just never noticed this before or maybe
he just had a growth spurt (at 2 years???) but suddenly I can feel his teeth
on my leg when he has is mouth closed and is just laying still.  Is this
normal?

My other question is about metabolism and heart rate.  Is it true that as a
general rule, the faster the animal's heart rate the faster their
metabolism?  And if so, is it also true that the faster the metabolism, the
shorter the life span?

Thanks for all the great info day in and day out.  And by the way, is there
an FMLA?  I think I'm addicted to the FML.  =D

 - Kimberly and Toby