From:
Holly DiMeglio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 18:23:56 -0900
I just wanted to share with everyone that I won a contest today at work!
We were given new t-shirts with our agency logo on them, and invited to
enter a photo in a contest.  The mission was to take a picture with the
biggest crowd of people you could find.  Okay, well, it wasn't that big of
a crowd, and they weren't exactly people, but... The picture was titled
"We may be furry, but we're people too!"  I am holding 8 ferrets and my
cat is sitting behind me.  It was a much more personal picture than the
others who just stood in front of crowds of people they didn't know!!
Thankfully, the pictures were "voted" on & weren't judged just by the
number of people.  I've had sooooo many people ask me about ferrets over
the past week or so.  I won a $50 gift certificate to a Mexican Restaurant
in town & tickets to a comedy/spoof show that is awesome & lots of fun to
go to.  The ferrets get extra treats tonight!!

Please keep Perrin in your thoughts & prayers, he goes in for adrenal
surgery tomorrow (today by now).  To respond to the folks who answered my
post about multiple ferrets getting surgery, thanks for your responses.
Everyone had good points for & against both ferrets having surgery on the
same day.  As it turns out, only Perrin is having surgery tomorrow.  I'm
too apprehensive since I've never had a ferret have to have this type of
surgery (only a neuter/descent).  I'm actually getting more & more nervous
about it.  I can't wait until it's over & everything turns out alright.  I
think he knows something's up, he's been very clingy the last few days, or
maybe I've been the clingy one?

Holly