From:
Steph2758 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Mar 1998 23:22:43 EST
Patrick,
I can tell you what I use for my cage, and it works great for me.  I have a
three level cage, all wire.  What I did was fit cardboard to each floor (but
the bottom, cause that was not open wire) then fit vinal flooring to the
cardboard.  I had to use paperclips to attach the vinal to the cardboard
because the vinal had a tendancy to curl up at the corners.  I did not put
the vinal on the stairs from level to level, however, because she wouldn't
have anything to grip with to go up.  So I left that as is and haven't had
trouble with it yet.

The vinal was leftover from when we redid our kitchen, but I'm sure it's
rather cheap for a yard or two.  Not only does it make the cage rather
pretty, but it's sooo easy to clean, too... just a little vinigar and water,
and it's all disenfected.  I do use towels and blankets in the cage, but my
Sprite usually arranges things how she wants in her own house, but she also
has her hammocks,and usually sleeps in those unless it's cold.  It does take
time to measure and cut everything, but to me it was well worth it.  The
cardboard was rather hard to get in, and I'm sure you could do without it,
but it just seemed to give it more of a sturdy feel.  Then again, that's my
own opinion, and I'm sure you will get much more advice.

Stephanie and Sprite