From:
Tara RADFORD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 19:10:42 -0800
Well I "was a lurker"....
I just went to the "Giving Tree" and was "shocked" to see just how many
Ferrets have been neglected!  Not only in life,but in Spirit ,as well....
How many people actually get the FML every night?  About 3,000???  How many
of you have benefited from both the medical advice( Dr Williams,you are
truly the "Father Theresa" of the Ferret World,love ya!),the help from
people like Sukie,Wolfy,Bob Church<STILL miss him,Merry Christmas Bob!>
and the list goes on and on and on...... I started at the top of the
list,by the time I got to the SECOND ferret,I was in tears.In fact I am
crying now!  I had already given to 3 but by the time I got to "The
Snoopster" I was actually sobbing!  (yes,I did "adopt him" tonight....my
darling BJ is already brainstorming up a neat hammie for him,and his real
mom sent me his pic!)

Come on you guys! This should be a time for "giving"...There are TWENTY
ferrets left...They don't want much...one poor soul only wants a "ferret
kong" toy,he can call his own...gee,you might be looking at $7.00..

Please,these Shelter Moms' and Dads' spend TIME and money....the money
(us,donations) should be the EASY part !!

They give all they have,year round to these wonderful little "souls"
Many were abused prior,blind,sick,all unwanted by somebody,or they would
have a loving home of there own...

The histories on these kids are heartbreaking!  The really sad part is
that these kids are just the "tip" of the Shelter kids....there are
thousands....and we,as a group can't find it in our hearts to help the
remaining twenty???  I,for one,am ashamed........

Happy Holidays....Please help....
Tara

PS
For you who maybe,just haven't gotten around to it yet,or are too busy....
PLEASE, just take a minute...if nothin' else,go to the Ferret Store & send
a gift certificate....something,anything.........

Plus I would like to give a SPECIAL THANKS to a girl who goes by "Hello Bad
Kitty." She belongs to our Club, "Frolicking Ferrets" on Yahoo!  She is
making,(by hand,she does not even have a sewing machine!!!) sleep sacks for
EVERY kid on that tree...She explained that she was once a kid hanging on
a "Giving Tree", that no one chose a long long time ago.  She gave toys
to the real kids last week.....well,you know what she is doing this
week.......Now THAT, to me,is........

"THE TRUE SPIRIT OF CHRISTMAS"
and I,for one,think she is the
"BEST KITTY" around!