From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 1995 07:16:45 -0500
Stacy,

It sounds like your kitten is adjusting to the ferrets.  When she gets
bigger, she'll be able to jump up on a window ledge, or the back of the
couch, or a chair, where she can get away from the ferrets.  That's what
mine do when they've had enough.

Some cats play better with ferrets than others, it depends on the cat.
My cat, China, loved to play with the ferrets.  She was not afraid of them
at all and she knew how to play without getting hurt herself.  I have 3
other cats that seem to tolerate the ferrets; but they are more skiddish
around them.  These 3 will be the ones that will run from the ferrets rather
than with them the way China did.  China's gone to Rainbow Bridge now, and
I really miss the way she played so well with the ferrets.  They used to
chase each other back/forth thru the house all the time, and she never tired
of playing with them.

I hope you don't declaw your kitten....just my personal feeling.

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA
Rochester, NY

Oh yeah, my ferrets grab the cats by the back of the neck, too.  I think
that's just normal ferret play.  And you're right - cat skin is not as tough
as ferret skin and the cats do cry when grabbed like that.  Sometimes I have
to help the cat and get the ferret off, but most of the time the cats take
care of themselves.