From:
Sandi Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 05:27:44 -0600
Beth & anyone else,
I have known the shelter in Fl for a number of years.When my son first
had kidney problems.And I've tried to help educate.

We went to the Drs in that area.That shelter op asked us to come /stay.We
did & it was bad then.One night was all.

When Jessica worked with them,it was a constant fight.She knew that
things needed to do done differently but was at her witts end with a
person who refused to cahnge things for the betterment of ferrets.

At that time,I lived in a small mobile home which I was repairing.
Somepeople had said it was a bad palce too.However,all the ferrets had
medical help when needed & their needs met.The place was clean.

I called & requested copies of the records on said ferrets that came from
there.Vet said "I haven't seen those ferrets."So,why say they have been
seen when they haven't.The shelter op ,one of them,said they were having
a hard time & couldn't afford to get some to the vets as they owed $ to
them.

If you went to the shelter at least once a month,why didn't you help
them?  Do some fund raisings?  Or help clean?My BF & I were there on
Fathers Day weekend,we took 8 ferrets due to the shelter being overfull.
Denniscouldn't stand the stench of the place,he stayed outside.It was
BAD then,but when we went back a month later,it was WORSE!!!!!!!The
worst I've ever seen .There was dired poop/pee from weeks ago.The same
ones as had been there in June.

The cages are covered.Would it not be easier to cover the window?That
way the ferrets could have more air.At one cage,there was a silver mitt
laying at the bottom of the cage,we thought it was dead.When the cage
door was opened,it moved.Just wanted fresh air.We were NOT allowed to
look at all the different kids.

I have an open door policy.Nothing to hide.BUT I can assure you,I have
the windows covered & curtains hung,dark ones to block the light.There is
fresh air & the cages are clean.My place is clean.And no,I haven't any
help.I also realize when to say no.I know how many I can do by myself.

While the shelter ops do care for the ferrets,they can use some
education.They STILL give dried fruits to those kids with Insulinoma.
Theyalso don't give any type of laxatives."They poop just fine & often."
And they do not believe in euthanzation.Their soup consists of herbs&
kibble.

I have one of the older guys here.He's been having exposive poops since
he was at that shelter.What was used to treat it?Pepto,thats it.But the
kid has IBD.And is now,on Carafate,Priolsec,Amoxi,& pred.We make the soup
with AD.Hegets ZD kibble.

I haven't lied about any of this I have seen.

--
Sandi
Heaven Scent Ferret Rescue/Shelter