Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:50:57 -0500
BRRRRR!

Hi Friends !
It's your bestest buddy Jerimiah at Ferret Wise!

YOu remember me?  The handsomest boy with the big chocolate spot on my
side?  :) Well lots has been going on since I last got to write!  Mom is
not coughing hardly at all now the nu monia thing has all gone away-- BUT
Man o man!  Is it cold here!  That white stuff frosted everything and the
big window blankets had to be put up in our shelter room!  Hooey!  The
floors sure do get cold this time of year.  Mom says we pop around like
kernels in a pop corn popper.  Thanks to our great friend Angi-- we have
some new soft rugs to cover part of the tile floor which makes winter
playing LOTS more fun!

Well our kids with melatonin chips is getting much better winter coats
and Mom si so happy.  Beau goes to get his chip on Friday..  he had a
adrenal out and Mom says this is to ensure he keeps his coat through the
winter.  Then I will get mine next-- she said it was most important that
the naked kids get theirs first-- so I have been patiently waiting.  Poor
Marie- she is getting really really naked- she is the only kid that
despite monthly lupron and melatonin is still losing her coat :( Mom is
getting quite worried and specially since Marie is now taking to staying
in her sleeper in the cage where it is warmer...

There are some update on the Hairclub for ferrets page and she said more
news is coming too!
http://homepages.usaexpress.net/xtasyferrets/page36.html
Mom says there is jest never enough time to get things all done!
Ha - she should be a ferret!

I had LOTS of fun on Saturday- last weekend.  Some neat folks came up to
FerretWise to give our Mom a hand- she had been strugglin' to get the
Bears mailing done this year with being sick and caring fr us kids so
finally Renee, Angi, Kathy, Greg and Susan all showed up here!  Wowee----
they helped mom fill envelopes and then - we all got visited here in the
shelter.  I GOT TO TASTE 2 NEW PEOPLE!  Yahoo!  But they said that I was
really good about it-- no band aids were needed.  Nestle was happy he got
helded too, Gravy got helded and so did Beau!  It was so nice having new
folks here visiting with us.  Mom was very happy about the company which
helped her get the envelopes finished off too!

Poor Marie- she is getting really really naked- she is the only kid that
despoite lupron and melatonin is still losing her coat :( Mom is getting
quite worried and she is now taking to staying in her sleeper in the cage
where it is warmer...

We sold a few more tickets over the weekend for the wonderful print and
stuff in the annual Holiday Raffle.  You can gets tickets too iffen you
want some by emailing mom.  Aunty Kat made a page for ya all to see the
stuff at :
http://ferretlover97.terrabox.com/shelterhelp-FerretWise-Raffle.html and
if it is not working please email Mom she can send you pics of the
afghan, framed signed & numbered ferret print and stuff!  It should be a
good day at the Holiday open house- hope you all can attend!  (SATURDAY -
Dec 11th) The following drawings will be held Saturday Dec .  11 , 2004 ,
at Holiday Open House, Ferret Wise Annex in Marlborough, NH

Prizes include:
1st - Framed signed & numbered print by artist Linda Jo Nielson 319/500
(value $75.00)
2nd - Hand Crocheted Fiesta Afghan crafted by hospice Mom Marilyn Ledoux.
Double strands for a warm and rich afghan perfect for winter lounging!
Measures approximately 4.5 ft x 6 ft .  Colors: rose w/ white, chocolate,
bright pumpkin orange, green w/ white, canary yellow, ebony.  3rd-
Special custom crafted set of Ferret Bedding by Xtasy Etc. includes
large flat, deluxe side opening and choice of top sleeper or large top
sleeper.  Value $68.00

Tickets are available at $3 each or 2 $5.00, Winner need not be present
to win.  Items will be shipped N/C to winners prior to the holiday
season.  We are all looking forward to seeing folks that day Course I am
always hoping someone will sneak me over some of the food goodies the
humans get in the annex.  The holiday lights are now up in the shelter
cage room and Mom puts the on for a nite light-- it is so cozy looking we
all seem to settle in better at night!

For all the folks shopping for the kids on the on the Ferret Giving
trees- http://givingtree.friendsoffuzzies.com/page1.html Mom has some
neat priced right sleepers on ebay and she includes a cheweasel treat for
each bed purchased!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4336268928
I heard her ( Mom) stitching on that sewing machine upstairs late
last nite!

And lots of other good stuff for both humans and ferrets can be
found at :
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4335346576
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4335346892
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5932867247

these items will help keep the furnace running here at Ferret Wise and
food in our food bins!  What more can ferrets want?  Also Mom heard that
there will be a new shelter article in Ferrets Magazine in the Spring....
Some of the kids that got new homes will actually get there pictures in
the magazine and be famous OH BOy-- when Can I get famous?  HUH?

Harry is getting ready to be at the Boston Childrens Museum in the next
few weeks ( Nov 20) where he can help the shelter folks with an education
program.  He is a lucky guy to get out and on the road!  Well I guess I
had better run- I was supposed to be writing my newsletter column..  but
I gots carried away!  Everybody keep safe & warm!  I am sending good
wishes to all the hoomans and ferrets who have not been feeling well...
AND hoping no fuzzies are left out ion the cold.  Brrrr!

Hugs and licks-  Jerimiah , shelter mascot   www.ferretwise.org