Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 2010 09:26:47 -0500
I am curious as to the ones having problems with the implants not
seeming to work, what implant WAS used and how close was the product
to its expiration.

I've been doing a lot of reading on the subject and it seems that 50%
of the time that the implants don't seem to work is because the vet
obtained the wrong implant. The other 50% is because just like people
and other animals, they each react differently to a drug - what works
for some, doesn't work for others. Just like some people swear that
Lupron and Melatonin work great for their ferrets...others don't get
the same results.

So all in all, it boils down to either the wrong implant, or the drug
doesn't work for that individual ferret (or works, but not as good).

I would love to get the chance to use the implants on the adrenal
ferrets in our hospice, but our vet says it is too much red tape for
her and not worth her time. *sigh*