Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:11:24 -0400
Part 2

It all started a few days ago in my living room with three "children".
A 47 year old, an about to be 21 year old, and an 18 year old.

Sean, my autistic 18 year old son, came to me this past week, "Can I
take money out of the bank for jeans. I only have one pair." I said,
yes. Knowing my little rainman, I added, "you ARE getting them at
Walmart, right?" "Noooo ..." He said as if I was stupid to not know
that. Irritated because I think "he" is stupid to not know he'd not be
allowed, "You WILL go to a place like Walmart and get 10 dollar jeans.
Where in the heck did you think you were gonna go?" "The mall" "Oh
HELL no you don't buy jeans at the mall" Hence began the fight. And
it was a "fight". This went on for a couple days.

So later I took some money out of his account for him before the
shopping day arrived. I decided to not just give him 15 dollars and
"make" him go to Walmart. I'm thinking he'd be grateful for twenty and
I'll go the extra mile and surprise him with 30. I'll give him a choice
between buying two pairs at Walmart or one at the mall. Yeah, I figured
to myself, I'll be say yes to the mall, but with reason and not by
totally giving in. But then that's when it got to be complicated. See
I had to take our 40 because I hadn't used one in ages, and I thought
that only it only gave out in increments of 20. Not a big deal I
thought. He can put the extra money back, buy MJ movie tickets he was
planning to take me to, or use it for a date later down the road.

I showed him the forty and was met with this, "What's this?" "I know,
aren't you surprised?!" I asked feeling like the nicest mommy in the
world. "How am I going to get pants with this??"

The next fight began. I went back to sticking to my guns and told him
that he will get the damn pants in Walmart after his rude behavior. We
were left in a deadlock. Three days later, he finally accepts the fact
that he will not spend more than 26 on a single pair of pants. I decide
at that point that I'll let him go to the mall for not raising his
voice or throwing a fit through the entire week about this. However,
compromise is a great feat for the rainman, and rainman knows of no
compromise. We still bickered on. Until he gave in when the day arrived
for him to go buy them and I held my ground as always. Okay well so
this time I held my ground half way. Or did he actually win this time?
::scratching my head::

Okay. It starts to get interesting now. Because of car issues I told
him to bring his street clothes to work with him, and to go right to
the mall that was just a block away after work. The mall closes at 6.
He got off at 4. We had no time to drive back and forth anyway. He was
told in no uncertain terms that I would NOT drive him to the mall. He
came home after work instead that day. I thought to myself he's changed
his mind because he damn well knows I won't drive him. I thought
nothing of it and thought he'd decided to go another time. That's
what a rational person would think anyway. Ferret.