From:
Shanna Hiniker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:18:22 -0700
I have a quick question about veterinary expenses.  I have a ferret named
Olivur who is having some problems.  Some of his symptoms match Adrenal
disease, but I took him to my vet who wasn't suspicious of it.  Just the
same, I've had a few people from the FML tell me to keep an eye out, and I
wanted to rule it out just in case.  Only one problem, I called the vet
clinic and they told me that the price billed on an ultrasound for Olivur
would be at least $230.00.  Is this normal?  It seemed rather high to me.
I was also wondering if there is any other way that you can be relativly
sure that a ferret doesn't have adrenal?  I just don't want to put down
$230.00 that I would have to scrape for, to find out that he's just upset
about the new baby Baloo who can into my home about 2 months ago.  I feel
trapped between a rock and a hard place.  Olivurs symptom that seem to
match adrenal include, agression, sleepiness, frequent urination, and
excessive iching.  Any advice what so ever would help.  Thanks

Shanna Olivur Satsu, and baby Baloo