From:
Ann Barzda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 16:54:54 -0600
I wanted to have my vet scale the little guys teeth once, until I learn
to do it properly.  Unfortunately, they require that the critter be
anesthetized to undergo the procedure.  I've seen people do it without
anesthetics, so I'm sure I can find a way to get that accomplished.  I'm
not thrilled with the idea of putting them under for what is, right now, a
cosmetic procedure.  (Since they are young and don't have a lot of tartar
buildup.)

However, since they are young and healthy right now, I also wanted to get
some baseline results on various types of bloodwork, so that if a problem
crops up later on we will know for sure what "normal" is for my critters.

Would it make sense to go ahead and send them in to have their teeth done,
and at the same time get all the bloodwork done?  Is there a chance the
anesthetic or the stress of being there might skew the results so that they
would not be valid?

Anyone have an opinion?

Thanks.

Ann and the shedding and now bald twosome