From:
"Kohrs, Kristeen [NCSUS]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 18:34:49 -0500
Meagan's post over Keera hogging the chicken gravy made me think of a
question I had.  Does anyone have ferrets that really fight over food?  My
loveable patient golden retriever will raise a lip and almost growl when
someone (human or furry) is grabbing at his food.  I know they always say
"Don't go near a dog when he's eating...."  My ferrets regularly steal
treats from each other --- swallow their own treat and then grab from
another --- but there never seems to be any hostility or anger --- just
the sport of stealing.  Is it just my crew that is so gullible and gets
taken advantage of??

Kristeen, Katie, Matt, & Al