From:
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 23:32:02 EST
I've lost a few rescues the last few months, one named Johnnie Rebel, I
can't even begin to tell his story, his loss still breaks my heart into
pieces.  Last Saturday, I had to hold a little girls paw while she passed
away, her name is Bandit and she was only at the shelter a short while, I
feel she died from a broken heart.  We did a necropsy but nothing so
significant that would have made her so ill and critical so quickly.

My neighbor, not knowing of her passing gave me this poem that i want to
share with you all.  Even though a ferret may ony be with me for a very
short time, in one instance only hours, they are still a......

Member of the Family

What would I without you,
My precious furry friend..?
Part mischief, but all blessing,
And faithful to the end.

You look at me with eyes of love;
You never hold a grudge...
You think I'm far to wonderful
To criticize or judge...

It seems your greatest joy in life
Is being close to me...
I think God knew how comforting
Your warm, soft fur would be.

I know you think you're human
But I'm glad it isn't true...
The world would be a nicer place
If folks were more like you.

A few short years are all we have;
One day we'll have to part...
But you, my pet, will always have
A place within my heart.

Please keep Skinny Minnie (possible blood transfusion on Wed, very ill) and
Humphrey (came in paralized rear quarters, on Sunday) in your prayers, they
both are critical at this time, and I can't bear to lose anymore right now,
let them be a part of the FML ferret family.

Peace,
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue And Shelter