From:
Dani Lucking <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 15:52:38 -0600
Weezer has been eating pretty good lately and seems more ferrety.  She has
also been drinking pretty good on her own and playing during the day.  She
seems to be feeling better than she has for nearly two months.  It's so
nice to see her being a ferret again.  She even gives me sleepy kisses. :)
Sigh...

I picked up two babies for my husband's birthday a couple of months ago.  I
am not sure of the coloring of Stinky.  He appears to be a sable, except
that he has a bib, white on the tip of one foot, a cute white stripe on his
head (hence the skunky name) and a totally white ring around his nose and
mouth.  I mean that ALL his whiskers are white, it's that wide a ring.
Anyway, Oscar is the prettiest silver mit and the president of the Stinky
fan club.  It's so funny that it is so obvious how much Oscar looks up to
Stinky.

Stinky is a handful.  Including these two, I have had eight ferrets over
the course of seven years and Stinky is more trouble and energy wrapped up
in one ferret than all the other ferrets I have had combined.  I have to
keep the trash on the back of the toilet to keep them out it, but after
seven years, Stinky figured out how to get up there and dump it out (and go
for a swim, if the seat is up).  Now we have to keep the trash in the tub,
as it is the only place he can't get to.  We also had to think of somewhere
else to keep the toilet paper, as the sight of Stinky running across the
room with a huge roll of toilet paper in his mouth may be funny, but is
still a problem when you are stuck without toilet paper.

If someone had told me I would have a ferret that caused more trouble than
escape artist Little Bit, I would have laughed at them.  Stinky is laughing
now, not me.  Actually, I am.  His antics keep me hopping, but they are
cute!  He is a leaper.  We have taught him to use this tendancy to perform
a cute trick.  He will leap and "attack" us from the bed, including jumping
on your back and on your leg, then sliding down and wardancing under the
bed.  The other night my husband started clapping his hands and holding
them out.  Stinky leapt right into them.  We gave him 'tone and now he
doesn't hesitate at all, but leaps right to you!  So cute.  He's very
gentle about it, too.  He was jumping to my back, and though he is a lug
of ferret, it felt more like my hubby had placed him there.  I accused him
of doing that until I watched Stinky leap to my back with my husband across
the room.  He's got good aim and apparantly good eyesight.  He is death
from above to any ferret within four feet from the bed.  Oscar is his usual
victim.  We should have named him Rocky the flying squirrel!  He is
absolutely fearless.  Though he does make my turret's syndrome act up
occasionally.  #$%%#$$%$#@ Stinky!!!!  In the end, he is a charmer.  Aren't
they all?  The more trouble they are, the more charming they have to be to
keep us hooked.  Boy, is he charming!

Dani and

Eddie.........#1 boy and speedbump king.
Bailey........I'm so cute, you can't help but love me!
Little Bit....Queen of all I survey and escape artist extrodinaire.
Weezer........I'm feeling a heap better, now!
Stinky........I learned a new trick!  Aren't I cute?
Oscar.........Mom, I'm not pretty, I'm handsome!