From:
Vanessa Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 1996 13:45:26 -0500
I just wanted to let people know to watch out for a serious problem that I
never thought could happen to me.  One of my ferrets, a 4.5 lb, 1 1/2 year
old albino, Marshall, is my sweetest ferret.  (He is a Marshall Farms ferret
from a pet store).  He won 1st place in the Georgia Domestic Ferret
Association show last year in the albino class and 6th out of 42 ferrets.
He always lays his head on my feet while I am cooking dinner and waits for
me outside the door when I go to the bedroom or bathroom.  Lately, he hasn't
been acting himself.  He has been laying around a lot, and not playing with
the other ferrets.  His nose also has been running a lot too.

About 2 days ago I noticed 2 bumps the size of jellybeans in his lower part
by his butt.  I got worried.  Yesterday, my boyfriend picked him up and the
bump on the left side was the size of a grape!  I took him to the vet this
morning and he either has a cancerous growth or an abcess.  It is so scary
because it happened so fast!  He is still at the vet now getting a biopsy,
so I don't know anything.  I love him so much and I never thought, even
after reading all of the stories on the FML that something like this would
happen to my boy.  He is still so young !  The worst part is waiting to see
if hes gonna be o.k.

vanessa