From:
Beth Stoker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 10:23:03 -0600
I have to say I think this is the neatest ferret sighting I have had yet.
Part of that is because it wasn't a ferret on t.v. or a picture in the
newspaper - it was a real live ferret.  Oh yes, I know go to the pet store
and I can see lots more...

I was on vacation this week and I took my daughter to the Children's Museum.
They have a ferret there!  Meet Buzz - the wonder ferret.  There was a nice
three level carpeted cage.  It was neat and clean.  There was a bowl of
kibble in it.  There was a litterbox hidden away on the bottom level.  It
was almost clean... But guess what - no ferret.  Buzz was running around the
science area, playing with the kids and the young volunteer that was keeping
an eye on him (actually I didn't look to see) and holding him and showing
every one how friendly he was.  Buzz was a very friendly sable - came right
up to me and put his front paws on my pant and just looked at me.  When I
picked him up he gave me kisses.  Oh and his nails were clipped.  It was so
nice that our children are being taught in a positive light that ferrets
are wonderful pets and still having the proper care being modeled.

The best part I have to admit was when this woman came up to the cage with
her kids looked at the cage and read that it was a ferret.  Then she
scrunched up her nose and said, "that stinky ferret".  Then her son spots
the ferret on the other side of the room and says, "look mom there it is!"
and goes bounding across the room.  She looked like she felt stupid calling
an animal smelly that wasn't even there.  I respectfully waiting until she
walked red faced after her son to burst out laughing...

Beth, Minerva & Frumpstiggle the marsh wiggle
in Denver, Colorado