From:
outlawdook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 10:25:44 -0700
Ms Berman,
I do not approve of the picture you are using with a chicken and ferret and
discussing their predator nature of rats.  That is very misleading of the
facts.  If you cared one iota about Ferrets and their owners you would not
have been so insensitive of the fight for legalization of the domestic
Ferret in California and then go on to say what is wrong with us ferret
people.  We are the same people who love their dogs , cats, birds, etc, get
the drift Ms Berman.  We would not appreciate any of our pets depicted as
predators, to be misconstrued by any agency willing to kill off the species,
like the California Dept. Of Fish and Game.

How would you feel if a government agency showed up at your front door with
a death warrant for your beloved pet (what ever it maybe) and confiscated
it, then killed it unnecessarily because of a picture printed in a book
supposedly for that particular pet printed in an unnatural setting and
depiction of killing another animal or evem a small child for that matter.
You have done the entire Ferret community an injustice that will never be
forgotten.

Further more I WILL PERSONALLY urge anyone owning a ferret or any other pet
not to buy from Fancy Publications or Bow Tie Books.

From a Ferret Fancier who has to hide because of people like you.