From:
Cynthia ritenour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Sep 2010 13:04:06 -0400
My ferrets favorite household item is the recycle bin. I keep it in the
hallway, and we are very careful to only place items that are ferret
safe in it. (we keep a separate bag for other items) My ferrets love
to plunge in and root through everything, and best of all, it changes
every day, so they're never bored with it. The most favorite item is
plastic bottles. We are sure to put the lids back on, as some of these
can trap a head and smother. It is truely hilarious to watch a ferret
dig through find a bottle and work to get it out of the bin, then
triumphantly run down the hall dragging it to the hidey hole. Yes they
have even done the big milk jugs....some feat! Every so often, we have
to clear out the hidey hole, and then the cycle starts again. The
record for plastic bottles at our house is kept by El Bandito (RIP)
who in one month stashed 21 water,soda and juice bottles in his two
favorite spots.just like kids like to play with the box, so do furkids,
don't underestimate the fun of an old soda case.

Cindy and the nine fuzzy maniacs