From:
Tatia Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 1997 17:39:27 -0500
Hello everyone, I have been lurking here on the FML for a few weeks, but
haven't gotten around to posting until now.  I had forgotten exactly how
ferret math strikes.  We just got another new baby.  About 3 weeks ago we
purchased a male sable (named him Harpo) after having to put our beloved
Preso down.  Presto was on Prednisone treatment for insulinoma for over 2
yrs.  and was deteriorating.  It was a painful decision, but the best thing
for him.

Anyway, a few weeks later we got Harpo (another male sable) at 9 weeks of
age.  This past Saturday, we fell head over heels for a TINY male silver
mitt and just had to take him home.  We have named him Spanky and he is just
a doll.  He bit pretty hard for the first day or so, but I think he had not
been handled at all (he's only about 7 weeks old).  He's doing much better
now and just nibbles and gives kisses.

Harpo is crazy.

I have been a ferret owner for over 10 yrs.  and have never seen one this
spastic or playful before.  It's really great to have healthy and bouncy
critters again.  We also have a female albino (Princess) who is about 5
years old.  I think she is glad to have new cagemates.  Especially now that
Harpo has somebody else's ears to chew on.  He was seriously cutting into
her nap time.

To Sukie and Steve: Please know that I am thinking of you and Meltdown.  I
just barely got to know of your situation before it was Meltie's time, but I
have wept for you (and my Presto) and knowing how hard it is to lose part of
your family.

I think this is a perfect place to share stories of joy and grief.  Many of
us have supportive family and friends, but unless they have ferrets also,
they just can't totally empathize with the loss that you feel.

That's all for now...hope you and your fuzzy's are all well.  Hopefully, I
will be sharing fun stories soon.

Dooks!
Tatia, Marcus, Princess, Harpo and Spanky